Thursday, April 14, 2011

¿lista?

Last weekend I had a fantastic (all caps, fantastic) time in Portugal for two days and this week was filled with one great thing after another: fiesta de flamenco, getting ready to do the Camino de Santiago a bit, hanging out with friends from Italy/Poland/the US, spending time at La Caridad with the old men for the last games of dominoes with them, salsa class, celebrating a friends birthday paddleboating on the Guadilaquiver and eating some of the best ice cream I´ve ever had, enjoying our last Encuentro practice and Encuentro, eating out with the Encuentro musicians... Needless to say I´m really getting into things here as they´re ending! Great.
Right now I´m sitting in the school with my big pack all packed up, my passport, boarding pass, and airport bus fare in my pocket feeling ready? wanting to feel ready and wanting to feel energized to go walk for 4 or 5 days. Me, Cherise, Joey, Jeff, and Derek are going to go do the ruta ingles of the Camino de Santiago and I´m so excited! I´ve wanted to do this since I first heard it existed 3 years ago and now my plane leaves in 3 hours! I´m very excited to see what I´ll learn on this pilgrimage. I don´t know if I´m physically ready or if I packed exactly right or what but I just read Psalm 84 and I´m pretty sure I´m ready to see what God has in store for us!
Pray for us as we journey and as we enjoy our last 3 weeks here, that we would not grow weary of doing good!

No comments:

Post a Comment